Mazda 5, 2013. - Boot - garcon6
Around Christmas, I had some work done by a garage on my boot as I couldn’t open it. They stripped it, cause was water damage to the Micro SD card. At the same time they had to replace the catch. Also asked them to check the seal by the wiper blade, as I could not see one. In fact on this particular model the seal is on the inside. It was split, so replaced. That was probably one of the routes in for water. Anyway it’s been working perfectly until yesterday. Now I’m a bit apprehensive in taking it back, probably the same problem. I washed my car at home, I wonder if water is getting in via window. With labour and parts it cost me £350.

Please can someone advise.

Thank you.
Mazda 5, 2013. - Boot - Xileno

I'm thinking this is more Technical than Legal so I will move it to the other forum in a bit.

Water leaks can be a pain in the backside to resolve, where the water appears inside can be some distance from where it's actually getting in. If it's happened after washing the car, then use a hose or watering can to apply water to small areas at a time and check inside but work from the lowest point on the car upwards. So start around the boot lid and lights, then check, then work upwards towards the window. If you start at the top and work down it's harder to work out where the suspect area is. I had this problem on my old Focus but eventually I found it.

Mazda 5, 2013. - Boot - Brit_in_Germany

No, this is more legal ,with the CRA governing the situation. The repair has failed and you are entitled to have it put right.

Mazda 5, 2013. - Boot - Xileno

Fair enough, I will leave it in this forum.

Mazda 5, 2013. - Boot - elekie&a/c doctor
“Probably the same problem “ . Has anybody checked the car to confirm that in fact it is the same issue? Not too sure what an sd card is related to a boot problem.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 26/03/2022 at 21:12

Thank you. No one has checked it yet, the micro SD car is the electrical component for the boot. That’s what had the water damage.
Thank you. The repair worked, as the boot had been working. It could mean that water must be finding another way in. For this to happen not long after washing my car. Will need to investigate it with the hose. Labour is £60 per hour.
Thank you, will try that. Just don’t want to have to spend more money, it’s an expensive job.
Mazda 5, 2013. - Boot - bathtub tom

Is a pressure washer being used to clean it? Those things will overcome the most tenacious seals.

Just a normal garden hose.
Mazda 5, 2013. - Boot update! - garcon6

I found an independent garage to look at boot. Mechanic said that the wires had been broken and they were glued together. Sorted and fixed very quickly, will check for any water leaks next. The garage had not in a rush to inspect my car, and the trustworthy mechanic thinks I most likely didn't need a new catch. It cost £100, and the boot opens perfectly. I wasn't confident taking my car back there, even if I did I don't think they would have taken a great deal of care to fix it. Poor standards from the garage, maybe I should complain. Though I don't think I will get far.

Mazda 5, 2013. - Boot update! - garcon6
All resolved now. Took car to an independent garage. Issues was wires were broken when they were accessing boot panels, wires were glued together. Sorted, £100. Unfortunately couldn’t wait for the other garage. My confidence had already been lost. Didn’t really need a new catch.
Mazda 5, 2013. - Boot update! - Xileno

You got a good outcome in the end and £100 isn't bad with labour rates what they are. Thanks for updating the thread, it could be useful to others.