Volvo - Car registration - Clueless999

I need some advice desperately. I have done something stupid and didn't send the car registration certificate off after buying a car years ago because the previous keeper hadn't signed their section and I couldn't get hold of them after. I honestly didn't fully realise the importance of this as I thought the car being taxed and insured was fine. I've been using the new keepers slip to tax the car and never really thought it was an issue until looking into it again. From what I've read, at the very minimum, I face a fine. Should I just suck up the consequences and send the registration certificate now?

Edited by Clueless999 on 20/05/2022 at 21:18

Volvo - Car registration - Bromptonaut

I need some advice desperately. I have done something stupid and didn't send the car registration certificate off after buying a car years ago because the previous keeper hadn't signed their section and I couldn't get hold of them after. I honestly didn't fully realise the importance of this as I thought the car being taxed and insured was fine. I've been using the new keepers slip to tax the car and never really thought it was an issue until looking into it again. From what I've read, at the very minimum, I face a fine. Should I just suck up the consequences and send the registration certificate now?

Not sure I follow this.

If it's not registered to your address how are you manging to tax it?

Volvo - Car registration - Gibbo_Wirral

Fill in a V62. Say you bought the car, got the green slip but the log book never arrived so you're not sure if the previous keeper ever posted it, or it may be lost in the post

www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for...e