Skoda Superb - Used car buy options - ns23
Hi Alll
Near finalising 2020 Superb 1.5TSI DSG buy and dealer gave the below options.. worth taking up these?

1. Cash (i have) ot PCP (dealer nudging me to and says I can cancel in Month2 post purchase. Cost: 2month interest on £13k; Benefit: i get 1yr extra (total 2yr) of warranty, service, MOT over cash purchase. Any experience of any hidden costs or issues with cancelling PCP and pay full amount for car in Months2/3 post purchase?

2. 3yr extended warranty £700 or 1yr extended warranty £350. Dealer said 1yr is good enough but i think 3yr gives me 2yr pcp + 3yr. Or xan I buy extended warranty later post 2yrs?

3. Autoglyn (ir similar option) for £500 for interbal and external cosmetics protection. I think it may be worth. Have googled DiY options to cost £60 but i read it needs well ventillated and warm-ish climate to enable drying which i cannot do now in these months.

4. Also f clined tyre protect and other offers.
Skoda Superb - Used car buy options - Adampr

They're telling the truth about PCP. No costs, but it will affect your credit score of that matters to you.

Extended warranty is your choice really, but check the cover limit (if any) and excess (if any). If it's a Skoda warranty, it might be worth it. If it's 3rd party, it won't be.

Paint protection is probably pointless and definitely cheaper to get somewhere else later. I have got it occasionally when I felt like the salesperson deserved a bonus (usually when I've got a good deal, but they and I have had to put up with the overbearing sales manager for several hours).

Skoda Superb - Used car buy options - daveyjp

You aren't cancelling the PCP, you are settling a debt and paying the balance.

'Effect credit score'? Probably, but for better or worse only lenders know. Your credit report will show a debt, and then show a debt has been paid off.

Full Skoda extedned warranty worthwhile with a DSG.

Paint snake oil is just that, don't bother, unless its free.

Thanks both

1. PCP sounds like the way to go then

2. Its Marshal Care Warranty

3. Agreed £400 is quite toppy
Skoda Superb - Used car buy options - Xileno

"They're telling the truth about PCP. No costs, but it will affect your credit score of that matters to you."

I looked into this a few years ago when I thought about doing a PCP. I think it may appear on the credit report but the score is unaffected as you're only exercising your legal right to cancel.

Edited by Xileno on 09/03/2024 at 19:51

Skoda Superb - Used car buy options - skidpan

They're telling the truth about PCP. No costs, but it will affect your credit score of that matters to you.

We have paid off 4 PCP's since 2013 and never had an issue getting credit next time.

Just been approved for another but since the interest is only 4.9% over 4 years and we got more than that in a 4 year ISA bond why would we want to pay it off.

I looked into this a few years ago when I thought about doing a PCP. I think it may appear on the credit report but the score is unaffected as you're only exercising your legal right to cancel.

That makes more sense.

If you look in the small print of some PCP's (Lexus is an example) they state that if you pay off early you have to pay back the contribution. Not 100% sure if that can do that since its your legal right to cancel.

Thanks all

Went with only the 3yr extended Marshall Warranty in top of 2yr Skoda Approved Warranty.