NEW CAR - THE NEW UK PHOTOCARD FEE IN 1999 - MAWAL TREES

Heya, strange question but any help appreciated. Im trying to find out how much the New Photocard driving license cost when it was introduced in 1998/99. Nobody seems to know including the DVLA. So imagine you had a paper provisional, then you passed your test in 1999, and applied for your full driving license with the new photocard, what was the fee?

many thanks in advance if anyone knows. Cheers

NEW CAR - THE NEW UK PHOTOCARD FEE IN 1999 - Gibbo_Wirral

News article in 1998:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/137238.stm

I remember changing addresses in 1999 and had to send off a photo in order to get my paper licence upgraded. I can't recall if there was a charge. ISTR £10 but it was a long time ago

NEW CAR - THE NEW UK PHOTOCARD FEE IN 1999 - Chris M

From the BBC article:

""We are required by an EC Directive to issue photocard licences to all UK drivers by 29 July 2001."

That requirement must have changed as we moved to our current address in April 1999. My updated driving licence was paper and it still is. Never had a photocard one, although that will have to change in 6 years when (if) I reach three score years and ten.

NEW CAR - THE NEW UK PHOTOCARD FEE IN 1999 - skidpan

We are required by an EC Directive to issue photocard licences to all UK drivers by 29 July 2001."

That requirement must have changed as we moved to our current address in April 1999. My updated driving licence was paper and it still is. Never had a photocard one, although that will have to change in 6 years when (if) I reach three score years and ten.

Me and the Mrs both had the old style paper licences until we moved house in 2016. Finally had to get a photocard.