Car Hire - Corfu - groaver

First time visiting.

I wondered if anyone has any recommendations for a company there that offers good reliable service with no "sneaky" add-ons.

Thanks in advance.

Car Hire - Corfu - Steveieb

Zest car rental brokers . Which recommended

Car Hire - Corfu - Maxime.

Another vote for Zest.

Car Hire - Corfu - Adampr

If, for any reason, you use one of the big boys I would avoid Europcar. I've never had a good experience with them and never had a problem with anyone else.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Has anyone had personal experience of any companies over there?

Car Hire - Corfu - Terry W

Most of the large car hire companies are a mixture of company owned and franchise operations - I suspect franchisees can be a very mixed bag.

Personally I would be inclined to:

• select on-airport providers so you are not reliant on car rental for pick up and drop off on return,
  • take out collision damage waiver insurance - an annual policy is ~£50 and fertile ground for all car hire companies to rip off punters

Otherwise I would go for the lowest price rental . Service - if when you turn up they hand you the keys to the expected reasonably clean car, there is not a lot more service to be had - bar the fairly low probability of accident or breakdown..

Car Hire - Corfu - Bromptonaut

Personally I would be inclined to:

• select on-airport providers so you are not reliant on car rental for pick up and drop off on return,
  • take out collision damage waiver insurance - an annual policy is ~£50 and fertile ground for all car hire companies to rip off punters

Failed to go with the first of those on my recent trip to TFS. Cost us a good hour faffing to find the transfer bus, on it and then waiting in a queue behind people who seemed never to have hired a car before.

Those going to TFS or any of the Canary Islands are so lucky as Autoreisen are based there and chosen by Which as the best rental company in the world.

Wish they would extend their bases but in their absence Zest is the way to go offering value comprehensive insurance and 24 hour support from the UK to deal with those inevitable problems with car hire . Solved my dispute when I was in Cyprus within 30 minutes of making a call to them

Thanks for the recommendation of Zest, folks

Trying them, so fingers crossed.

A bit of Topcashback too. :-)

Car Hire - Corfu - Ethan Edwards

Probably already know this but when you pick it up. Do take dated and time stamped detailed photos of the bodywork and wheels. Keep them on your phone. Do the same when you return it. It'll help eliminate any misunderstandings.

Never had to do that in US or Australia but it paid off massively in Spain one time. Not all are as honest as you.

Thanks, EE

I usually do that if I spot any imperfections at pick up.

Touch wood, it hasn't been a problem to date.

Worth checking fuel policy as you are unlikely to use a full tank of petrol on Corfu so not a good idea to have to pay for one in advance . Go for return with a full tank .

Car Hire - Corfu - John F

Worth checking fuel policy as you are unlikely to use a full tank of petrol on Corfu so not a good idea to have to pay for one in advance . Go for return with a full tank .......

......and check fuel prices as you drive around - brim at the cheapest within 20km of the airport, it'll still show full on return. For the truly obsessive, photo the gauge at pick-up and drop-off.

Car Hire - Corfu - Warning

Having been to Corfu (many years ago). Get the smallest car possible with a powerful engine.

Most of the roads are fine, however if you are exploring the island, there you need this. Some road went up almost vertical uphill. You need a car with a good strong first gear.

A work colleague took all the photos mentioned and even carried a set of overalls in his travel bag to check the underside at the multi story car park.

First stop Lidl car park to get all the food for the villa only to return to find the car had been badly damaged by a hit and run !

Having been to Corfu (many years ago). Get the smallest car possible with a powerful engine.

Most of the roads are fine, however if you are exploring the island, there you need this. Some road went up almost vertical uphill. You need a car with a good strong first gear.

Thanks for the advice.