Shiny dashboards - galileo

When its is sunny I find reflections from dashboard tops and in the windscreen distracting, polaroid clip-on glasses stop these but I remember rally cars with matt black dashboard tops which would solve the problem.

Do any detailers do this mod these days?

Edited by galileo on 24/03/2024 at 19:20

Shiny dashboards - mcb100
Have a Google for ‘dashboard flocking’ - that’s what rally cars use.
Shiny dashboards - Orb>>

In Jordan and I suppose other middle eastern countries they have tailored covers complete with vent holes.

Shiny dashboards - Adampr

Dash covers are fairly.common in Australia too. As much to stop the dash from cracking as to prevent reflections.

If it causes you £80 worth of bother, you can buy them for UK models here. I have bought floor mats from this company before, so can vouch that they do exist..

luxuscarmats.com/collections/luxus-dash-covers

Shiny dashboards - gordonbennet

Temu (similar to Ali Express) offer model specific dash covers for various cars, most seem to be between £15 and £20 with free delivery.

Quite tempted for one for the ageing Landcruiser, the dashes of which are prone to cracking after many years, £17 free del.

Shiny dashboards - edlithgow

Dash covers are fairly.common in Australia too. As much to stop the dash from cracking as to prevent reflections.

If it causes you £80 worth of bother, you can buy them for UK models here. I have bought floor mats from this company before, so can vouch that they do exist..

luxuscarmats.com/collections/luxus-dash-covers

Also in Taiwan.

Made of some kind of carpeting, and seem to be usually a sort of Afghanistan Countryside Khaki Colour, though I dunno if they are sold like that or thats the colour they adopt in service.

Didn't want carpet in my car (ridiculous stuff, though better on the dash than underfoot) and certainly wasnt going to buy it, so I made something from a bit of lay-flat HDPE irrigation hose.

This didn't initially live up to its name, but after a few days in the sun it conformed to the dash-top nicely.

Shiny dashboards - expat

In Jordan and I suppose other middle eastern countries they have tailored covers complete with vent holes.

Also in Australia. They stop reflections but they also stop the sun degrading and cracking the plastic on top of the dash.

Shiny dashboards - Andrew-T

This problem has intensified ever since windscreens tilted further towards horizontal - to reduce drag, of course.

Shiny dashboards - galileo

Many thanks for all suggestions, I am checking them out!

Once more the forum provides valuable assistance!

Shiny dashboards - corax

This problem has intensified ever since windscreens tilted further towards horizontal - to reduce drag, of course.

Then increase drag by putting it on a crossover.

Shiny dashboards - gordonbennet

quite, its not an issue with our old cars, much rather keep more upright screens which also allow thinner A pillars,