AutoAid is definitely losing its appeal. - KB.

Renewal appeared in my inbox today.

£63.64 Premium for the year

Spouse Premium £10

16 year plus premium £21.90

Total £95.54.

The Spouse Premium was a surprise, that must be new.

My cars aren't 16 years or over ... that's a mistake.

I'll look at Start or whoever else springs to mind. Cover is required for two car + my Mrs. and I and would be for Recovery and Homestart. for UK only.

I rang them.

Spouse Premium is new.

As we know the excess for cars over 10 yrs old is new and no negotiable.

The cars over 16 years gets added automatically now for some reason ... you have to delete it manually if it doesn't apply otherwise you get charged for it..

AutoAid is definitely losing its appeal. - Steveieb

According to Which, Start offer a quicker response and have a better customer score but they are all beaten by Asda in conjunction with Brittania Rescue which is strange as I would have thought Brittania working direct would get a better reviiew.

Thanks for the reply, stevieb.

I looked on Moneysavingexpert and saw that if your spouse is kind enoughy to assume responsibility for future breakdown cover and is happy to arrange a new policy in her name using the MSE link then the whole affair becomes a lot more acceptable.

We have done this and the matter is closed for another year.

AutoAid is definitely losing its appeal. - Orb>>

I have used the MSE link in conjunction with the Blue light card with similiar results, but with Start Rescue, GIVE them a call, they wiill offer a discount to "retain" your custom.

Edited by Orb>> on 05/04/2024 at 07:38

I do have a Blue Light card, ORB and did look to see if I could see any breakdown offers but failed.

However to have secured another year with AutoAid for the two of us covering both cars for £57 all in is fine by me.

I may finish up going elsewhere next year but we''ll cross that one at the time.

What were the figures on your START deal as a matter of interest. I've never been able to better AutoAid in all the 40 years I've been with them. It has always been the Mrs and I with two cars. When you say 40 years it sounds somewhat unbelievable but I can recall buying a new Mk 1 Golf in 1984 and the gear lever came off in my hand and I rang AutoAid and they sent a contractor who towed it to the VW garage. I've only had two subsequent callouts after that to the best of my recollection.