£3-5k manual, 5 dr, for some taxi/uber work. - The_Judge

Hi.

I am looking for a car in the 3-5k range 2nd hand for some taxi work and personal use.

I would like 5 door with a handy boot (not massive like an estate car). Petrol or diesel. Manual.

What would you recommend?

£3-5k manual, 5 dr, for some taxi/uber work. - badbusdriver

Toyota Auris or Avensis (petrol, manual)

Ford Focus, C-Max or Mondeo (petrol, manual, and avoid the 1.0 Ecoboost)

But its really going to depend on what is available near you, your budget is quite small for the current market.

Toyota Auris or Avensis (petrol, manual)

Ford Focus, C-Max or Mondeo (petrol, manual, and avoid the 1.0 Ecoboost)

But its really going to depend on what is available near you, your budget is quite small for the current market.

Hey thanks for replying.

Yes budget is a little small. I am looking around locally, Are Skoda Fabia's any good?

£3-5k manual, 5 dr, for some taxi/uber work. - skidpan

Yes budget is a little small. I am looking around locally, Are Skoda Fabia's any good?

Fabia's are very good.

But for a Taxi, no way

Fabia's are very good.

But for a Taxi, no way

Why is that if you don't mind me asking?

£3-5k manual, 5 dr, for some taxi/uber work. - badbusdriver

Fabia's are very good.

But for a Taxi, no way

Too small!

A Fabia is a supermini, you want something from at least the next size up.

I'm also baffled as to why you don't want a massive boot. Surely when it comes to a taxi, the bigger the better.

£3-5k manual, 5 dr, for some taxi/uber work. - Andrew-T

<< A Fabia is a supermini, you want something from at least the next size up. >>

In absolute terms, BBD, only something not much bigger than a Smart Car can be called a 'supermini' these days. My 205 would certainly count, but I don't think it was in that category 30 years ago ....

Superminis can easily fit into car-park spaces (a point discussed in the press this week).

Hi.

I didn't realise Fabia's were so small. The picture I saw on the net made it look bigger.

I would like a big boot but not in an estate-size car. The bigger the better as far as I am concerned!

£3-5k manual, 5 dr, for some taxi/uber work. - skidpan

Fabia's are very good.

But for a Taxi, no way

Because its a small car. We have had one which is why I know its very good. But if I booked a taxi for 4 people and luggage and a Fabia arrived I would be sending it away.

Look around, Taxis are larger cars, in our area they would never have licenced a small one.

I totally get it. Thanks.

I can't believe what I just saw round the corner from my house when I nipped out just now. A Skoda Fabia taxi! How weird is that!

£3-5k manual, 5 dr, for some taxi/uber work. - Orb>>

One of my neighbours has a Sandero as ataxi (private hire) but only for the school runs and one driver who does just that.

Fabia small in the back and only suitable for local. Fancy 4 up and suitcases 100 mile to heathrow from here in it. No Thanks

But consider a Dacia Logan, several round here..

£3-5k manual, 5 dr, for some taxi/uber work. - Adampr

In my area, you frequently see Seat Toledo and Skoda Rapid taxis. Having had one, I can see why. Lots of room (for two) in the back, a massive boot in quite a small car, and lots of very hard wearing surfaces.

£3-5k manual, 5 dr, for some taxi/uber work. - pd

Have you checked what the minimum requirements are for your local licensing authority?

Most have some age and type restrictions.

Man I really like the look of the Skoda Rapid. That looks perfect!

Does this look any good for the money?

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202403267986180?s...a

£3-5k manual, 5 dr, for some taxi/uber work. - Adampr

Man I really like the look of the Skoda Rapid. That looks perfect!

Does this look any good for the money?

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202403267986180?s...a

It looks good and the MOT history is immaculate.

BUT

Check the mileage. It's advertised at 80k odd and the MOT history shows a lot more. The photo of the dash suggests the mileage is reading in KM, so the MOT records might be too. Not a deal breaker, but you have to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for the tip!