Why have n't I received my V5C (done online) - Warning

I bought my used car from a main dealer. It shows the last registered keeper changed in January 2024. I don't know why this is.

When I bought the car, we were doing the logbook change online. He was having trouble with the 'document number' from the V5C. Eventually, his colleague said put a "1" on front of it and it seemed to work.

I have phone DVLA and they have no record on a change. So I have to fill in some paperwork.

Anyone know why this has happened?

Why have n't I received my V5C (done online) - elekie&a/c doctor
How have you taxed it without the V5 C ?

Paid for the tax at the dealership.

Edited by Warning on 16/04/2024 at 12:53

So is it showing as taxed on the dvla website?

yes

So it could be taxed , but not in your name ? I’d apply for a new V5 . You may have to pay for it .

UPDATE: Spoke to DVLA who told me that I need to fill in a V62. The dealer did not give me a greenslip as it was done online (and in front of me!).

Now the main dealer said the reason the change over did not happen, was that the DVLA stops working after 5pm (it was on a Saturday), which does n't sound right. I am sure we were doing all of the paperwork around 4.30pm.

The dealer said they will do it again, but it will cancel my tax disc and I would need to re-tax it. (so probably will loose money).

However, all of this sounds strange.

Edited by Warning on 16/04/2024 at 23:56