2017 Merc B-Class B180 - Recommended run flat tyres - Colin Bicknell

Just bought low mileage B180 2017 & think Im going to need 4 new tyres on the car. As no spare tyre I think Ill need run flats

Tyres on the car are 225 40 R18 92Y

Each site I use recommends different tyres !

Tyrereviews Merc B180 recommend Michelin CrossClimate, tyrereview for this tyre recommend Pirelli Cinturato All Season SF3 and tyre-shopper suggest Bridgestone Turanza T005 or Turanza 6

Are there any other better sited for advise or any recommendations for quiet run flats for this car/tyre size ?

Thank you

2017 Merc B-Class B180 - Recommended run flat tyres - elekie&a/c doctor
No spare wheel doesn’t necessarily mean you need run flats . I would check the markings on your tyres . It will say “run flat “ or RF .
2017 Merc B-Class B180 - Recommended run flat tyres - daveyjp

To further complicate the issue the vehicle may also have had MO (Mercedes Only) tyres when new.

2017 Merc B-Class B180 - Recommended run flat tyres - Brit_in_Germany

Does it have tyre pressure sensors - I think these are mandatory with run flats.

Yes and no . Some cars have run flats and a tpms warning system , but no sensors in the wheels . One example is the early model Mini from 2001 .

Thanks for all the replies,

The car does have a tire pressure warning system on the dash - does that mean they are run flats ? I dont have a spare tyre, just pump and tyreweld in the boot

Im going to take it to our local garage to see what state the tyres are in, what tread is left & to see if they are run flats

So far, im favouring Continental All Season Contact 2 225 40 r18 tyres should i need any

As I mentioned earlier, just because there’s no spare wheel, doesn’t mean you have run flats . Most cars from around 2012 have tpms . Check the writing on the tyre wall . That will say if they are run flats .
2017 Merc B-Class B180 - Recommended run flat tyres - Brit_in_Germany

I think the delivery options are either pump and tyre weld or runflats. I have the run flats with 17" wheels for the summer tyres and 18" for the winter (the wrong way round but it was on summers from new).

2017 Merc B-Class B180 - Recommended run flat tyres - mickyh7

Run Flats are the work of the Devil.

Most forum posts are about replacing them with standard tyres.

They totally destroy the ride of a car, crashy and hard.

I would investigate a little before you make an expensive mistake!?

2017 Merc B-Class B180 - Recommended run flat tyres - badbusdriver

Run Flats are the work of the Devil.

Most forum posts are about replacing them with standard tyres.

They totally destroy the ride of a car, crashy and hard.

I would investigate a little before you make an expensive mistake!?

I think that ship may have sailed!

Ignoring the likelihood of this car proving reliable, I'd be more than a little miffed if I discovered that a car I'd just bought needed four new tyres (unless it was very cheap). More so given the size of the tyres involved, because they aint going to be cheap (assuming you want decent quality) even if the OP did decide to replace with standard rather than run flat tyres!.

The car has done 30,000 miles and 3 of the tyres were original tyres and cracked around the rims. One of which was punctured. Decided to replace all 4, my choice

Chose Continental All Season Contact 2 225 40 r18 tyres from Blackcircles @ £109 each, fitted cost incl disposal

NB I didnt go with run flats

Many thanks for all the replies

You didn’t go with run flats , but did it have them fitted ?