Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - bananastand

For reasons I need not go into right now, family member needs to sell a Baleno quick and for best price obviously. 2017, well serviced, 1.0 engine. Absolutely wants to avoid private sale with tyre kickers, fraudsters etc

I was thinking of suggesting Evans Halshaw as they claim to offer better £££ than webuyanycar? Or maybe the auctions? I've been "out of the game" for years so any suggestions welcomed

Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - sammy1

Put the reg no into the we buy sites for a value. If not happy try hiking it around some retailers. If you have a circle of friends or contacts try to put the word there. If the car is as you say should be no problem

it's obviously desirable from autotrader prices. Thanks Sammy

Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - Adampr

Where is it? I'm looking for something along those lines...

Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - Will deBeast

I had a good experience with cazoo. I paid the extra fee (£25?) for them to collect.

Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - FoxyJukebox
I presume you’ve had a quote from WBAC
Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - RT

For reasons I need not go into right now, family member needs to sell a Baleno quick and for best price obviously. 2017, well serviced, 1.0 engine. Absolutely wants to avoid private sale with tyre kickers, fraudsters etc

I was thinking of suggesting Evans Halshaw as they claim to offer better £££ than webuyanycar? Or maybe the auctions? I've been "out of the game" for years so any suggestions welcomed

Neither WBAC and Evans Halshaw will reliably give the best price - so try both - WBAC are good IF the car is accurately described, most people have "rose-tinted" glasses! In both cases prices will depend on their assessment of demand for that model.

Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - bazza

Also give a few Suzuki dealers a ring, especially if it has a main dealer service history, they may be short of stock. Pity, as a few months ago I would have bought it!

Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - skidpan

I was thinking of suggesting Evans Halshaw as they claim to offer better £££ than webuyanycar?

When we bought the Fabia (via a broker) the selling dealer was only offering a basic no risk price in PX for the 3 year old, 30,000 mile Nissan Note DIG-S. We had bought 2 other cars from this same broker and in both cases the PX offered was close to that offered in a normal retail situation (in one case it was from the same Skoda dealer). Looking around the forecourt seemed to suggest that they were now only selling used Skoda's whereas before there had been other brands so that may have been part of the reason.

So I tried the obvious WBAC and gave them an accurate description which since the car was spot on was not that difficult, they offered £400 more than the dealer subject to seeing it less the admin fee and if we wanted the money the same day an additional charge. Then I tried Evans Halshaw who offered about £100 more (subject to seeing it) with no admin fee and money transferred before you left their site. Both places were about 4 miles from home so no issues there.

So it was an easy choice, made an appointment at Evans Halshaw for the next day but how much would they knock off? Well actually nothing, money in bank instantly and drove home in our other car. How easy was that?

Car was on the forecourt a couple of days later when we drove past, a mark up of about £500, sold within the week.

I would certainly try Evans Halshaw next time we swap.

Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - FoxyJukebox
Of course-but getting an initial figure is still useful prior to inspection .

interesting - WBAC £5325, EH £4506

Might go down the BCA route and have done with it

Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - Adampr

WBAC is BCA

Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - MGspannerman

I recently sold a Golf on behalf of a recently widowed neighbour who similarly did not want people coming round to the house etc. I found the best deal was with Motorway, they offer the vehicle to dealers who bid accordingly. WBAC offered £10,600, Motorway best bid was £12670 and I ended up selling to another person in the village for £13k.

The auction is completed in a day and you can get an indication of price from their website. The dealer will arrange pick up. Photos to the standard they specify are needed. I did not quite get a wheel suitably photographed and "quality control" asked me to redo it.

Similar vehicles on Autotrader were being sold by dealers for £13.5-14.5k but this particular vehicle although generally excellent did have a scrape and and several scratches that would have cost around £500 at trade prices for a SMART repair.

Edited by MGspannerman on 17/01/2023 at 17:44

thanks Spanner I'll get Motorway on the case

Suzuki Baleno - vulnerable person needs to sell car quick - daveyK_UK
Cazoo buying service is good and they generally pay more than WBAC

Edited by daveyK_UK on 18/01/2023 at 02:41