Audi TDi TDV - whats TDV?! - AndyTDi130
Just looking at my options on the company car front...

Spent some time looking at the A4 Avant. When I got to the price list on the Audi site, the car is listed twice:

*Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDi S Line
*Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDi TDV S Line

There's no difference in the performance figure or the price - does anyone know what the TDV bit is all about?

Cheers!

Andy
Audi TDi TDV - whats TDV?! - cheddar
I might be wrong though I reckon it is probably Euro III and Euro IV compliant respectively. If you can have it registered before the end of the year you can save 3% BIK on the latter.
Audi TDi TDV - whats TDV?! - cheddar
Actually I am not so sure, if it was VDT it would be obvious.
Audi TDi TDV - whats TDV?! - Happy Blue!
Do you mean CVT?

its the continuously variable transmission
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Audi TDi TDV - whats TDV?! - Bill Payer
Hmm...I see the new Jag 2.7L diesels say this too.
I *think* it stands for Total Diesel Vehicle and is an emissions related thing - maybe it's American, they also have HDDV - Heavy Duty Diesel Vehicle?
Audi TDi TDV - whats TDV?! - cjehuk
It's got a particulate trap. That's all the difference is according to Audi's internal memos.
Audi TDi TDV - whats TDV?! - BigVsAreBest

I've been looking at the Audi A4 3.0 TDI's for a while and the common theme seems to be that all the TDV versions have 230 BHP instead of the standard 204 BHP, they also have better MPG ratings (more power and better economy!). I think all the 3.0 (both TDI and TDV) diesels have Quattro. Having spoken to an Audi gearbox expert he seemed to think that all TDV tiptronic versions have the ZF gear boxes which don't break down - he said the others especially the CVT versions are in all the time for rebuilds. Therefore I plumped for a used A4 3.0 TDI TDV and it's been great.