James Whale for Mayor?? - wotspur
The Talksport ( 1053-1089) radio presenter looks likely he will stand for UKIP in the next London Mayoral elections - his main policy is the removal of the London Congestion charge- hooray- thus apart it would be worth voting for him just to break the stranglehold the traditional parties have over this country, whilst having very similar policies
James Whale for Mayor?? - PoloGirl
If you can keep this on motoring I'll be amazed...

PG, Backroom Moderator
James Whale for Mayor?? - Lud
UKIP, IKIP, we all kip.

People are less concerned with the congestion charge than with all the expensive physical carp designed to hamper and inconvenience motorists: bumps, lanes closed for no reason and all the rest of the rubbish Ken and clones have come up with.

However UKIP haven't a hope in hell of winning. Damn silly name for a party in a country that is in fact more independent than most. SNIP 8< DD
James Whale for Mayor?? - tinky winky
"More independent than most"

Hmm, not independent enough, as I read in The Times

The gist of it is -
"The European Commission wants all EU states to set a common date for making daytime running lights mandatory. It is also proposing that all new cars be fitted with lights that turn on automatically whenever the engine is started.

The Government opposes the idea, but admitted this week that it was losing the argument and would be unable to veto a European directive. "

I don't really care about the issue itself, but why are we unable to take this decision ourselves?
James Whale for Mayor?? - v0n
I don't really care about the issue itself, but why are
we unable to take this decision ourselves?

Clearly not. And when we do it's mostly about completely insane things - just two proposals from this week: One - special powers to issue £1000 fines on the spot if you refuse council surveyor an entry or oppose re-valuation of your home for coucil tax raise based on view from your windows, modifications and cosmetic changes to your property. Two - extra taxation for parking vehicles above certain emission level in front of your house, despite the fact that once parked even the biggest 4x4 doesn't polute or emit. It is understandable that in between preparing stealth taxes and oiling stick to slap our backs our decision makers would never have time to discuss non profit making issues such as maining actual road safety. ;)
--------------------
[Nissan 2.2 dCi are NOT Renault engines. Grrr...]
James Whale for Mayor?? - daveyK_UK
Iused to like the european idea - the more they talk - the more likely im not voting for a pro-eu party next time round
James Whale for Mayor?? - Stuartli
I'm all for James Whale - a rare case of a man, I feel, in tune with the bulk of the population on the majority of subjects, whether it's motoring, getting rid of the politically correct etc.

At least he's well versed in treating some of the crackpots who phone him up on TALKSport with the contempt they usually deserve.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by