Passed test last year... - Imyself
..but I haven't got a bike yet!

Its really money, though recently things have changed and I'm looking at getting a bike within weeks.

Can anyone suggest a problem with this? Since I've heard two people say my bike licence has been made invalid as I haven't had a bike since passing my test.

But I have searched high and low on the internet and *not* found ANY thing to back this up. I'll be gutted if this is true but as far as I thought it referred to learners not taking their main test since passing their paper/theory test.

If anyone does know the answer, can you please supply a government link or dvla link, I'll probably ring the dvla tomorrow and see but since almost every question has been asked on google/the net, and I haven't found any similar evidence, but til then my gut is turning over.

Passed test last year... - Imyself
Here from the DSA quoted

"New Drivers (NI) Order

Your driving licence is automatically revoked if you build up six or more penalty points within two years of passing your first driving test. This includes any penalty points you had before passing the test, which are still valid. You?ll have to reapply for your driving licence as a learner driver and resit your driving tests."

But only revoked if you build up the points, right?????
Passed test last year... - Pica
If you have passed your DAS and have not ridden for a year or so my advice would be to take some more training/advanced training to ensure you have not forgot anything relevant to your safety.

If you get 6 points in the first 2 years you have to retake your test and possibly do the extended version too.
Passed test last year... - debzwallace
no it doesnt matter if you haven't had a bike!!! the points reason is the only way you'd have to re-sit. it's not a "use it or lose it"!! it does if you sit your theory and not your main test as you have 2 years to take it in or you'll have to do the theory again.
if you've sat your full test then you don't ever need to have a bike, you wont have it taken off you!

Edited by debzwallace on 27/01/2010 at 10:18

Passed test last year... - alfatrike
have you added the full entitlement to your licence? if you don't send off your pass certificate within 2 years (i think) you loose it

alf